As we go through our daily lives, it’s natural and indeed important for us to embrace each of our female archetypes or aspects. For example, wouldn’t it be nice if we could enjoy every day the innocence, fun, spontaneity and excitement of the Maiden child and adolescent energy; to acknowledge our dreams and aspirations, and learn from the challenges and responsibilities of our Mother energy. To willingly share our knowledge and wisdom with those who are open to receiving our Matriarch foresight and wisdom.
I believe that our relationships with our mothers or maternal role models have helped determine some of our personal values and beliefs. The purpose of reviewing our values and beliefs is not to find fault or place blame on our greatest teachers, our mothers. The purpose is to understand how the Maiden, Mother and Matriarch aspects of our lives have helped shape the person we have become. And to help us understand our internal software and programming that we’ve inherited and defaulted to.
The aspects or energy descriptions below are provided as a guide only to perhaps help you understand how your life experiences have influenced you through your maiden, mother and matriarch years. These years are not defined by linear time or age, but more from our upbringing, life experiences, parents, family, values, beliefs, or levels of responsibility experienced through our formative years and later life.
I have used the descriptions below because they resonate with me and my life experiences. As you read through the descriptions, have a think about how often the maiden, mother, matriarch energies and aspects are present in your daily life.
The energy and essence of the Maiden-child is innocent, playful, curious and spontaneous with an adventurous spirit. This is our original blueprint, filled with innocence and unconditional love for Self and others.
The Maiden-child has a natural desire to enjoy the purity and innocence of being a child with not a care in the world, and the freedom to explore without restriction or limitation. This is the natural energy of the Maiden-child.
As the child matures into adolescence, the adolescent Maiden wants to explore and embrace her sexual energy and sensual expression with a natural desire to have fun with sex, to experiment and enjoy sensual pleasures.
When the energy of the Maiden becomes overwhelming she may become irresponsible and unreliable with a tendency to measure her self-worth by her attractiveness, or how popular she is with her peers. She can become somewhat shallow. The unconditional love and innocence born within the Maiden becomes diluted by the conditions or boundaries placed around her natural birth right of innocence and unconditional love.
- Take some time now to bring Maiden energy into your awareness, and feel it. Feel the energy of innocence and unconditional Love for Self and others.
- Remember when you were a child enjoying your playful, curious and spontaneous adventurous spirit. When did this stop and why?
- How often were you encouraged and granted the freedom to explore without restriction or limitation?
- What limitations or restrictions, if any, were placed on your freedom to explore? Why? And by whom?
- Looking back now, what impacts did those restrictions or limitations have on your experiences?
- What were you taught about sex and sensual expression? And by whom?
- Did the discussions on sex and sensual expression include feelings and emotions, love and affection, trust and loyalty?
- What maiden energy is dominant for you – the natural or overwhelming maiden energies?
- Are you aware of the natural maiden energy aspects in your daily life? If not, why not?
The energy and essence of the Mother is maternal, birth energy, nurturing and nourishing, for carrying, birthing and raising children.
The energy is also innovative, creative, and giving. Mothers are the creators and caregivers with so much to contribute to the World through birthing and nurturing new projects. Mother energy comes from the HeartSpace, it expands outwards and can be used to bring anything into ‘being’.
Women do not have to give birth to a child to experience Mother energy because this energy is also expressed through creating, birthing and nurturing new experiences or projects.
When the energy of the Mother becomes overwhelming, she can become over-stressed and feel undervalued and physically and mentally drained.
- Take some time now to bring Mother energy into your awareness, and feel it. How does it feel?
- Are you able to experience, feel and express your Mother energy without restriction or limitation?
- What limitations or restrictions, if any, were placed on your freedom to express Mother energy? Why? And by whom?
- How often do you express your Mother energy through innovative or creative expression?
- Which Mother energy is dominant for you – the natural or overwhelming mother energies?
- Are you aware of the natural Mother energy characteristics in your daily life?
The energy of the Matriarch is that of wisdom.
This wisdom is born of her maiden and mother years and is deeply rooted in her Being from her life experiences and lessons learnt. She is grounded by her wisdom and shares her foresight and wisdom with her tribe. She is the keeper of knowledge. Sometimes she may be selective about who she deems ready and willing to accept her knowledge and guidance.
When the energy of the Matriarch becomes overwhelming, she may retreat and close herself off from her tribe.
- Take some time now to bring Matriarch energy into your awareness, and feel it. How does it feel?
- Are you able to experience, feel and express your Matriarch energy without restriction or limitation?
- What limitations or restrictions, if any, are placed on your freedom to express Matriarch energy? Why? And by whom?
- How often do you express your Matriarch energy through sharing your wisdom and knowledge?
- Which Matriarch energy is dominant for you – the natural or overwhelming maiden energies?
- Are you aware of the natural Matriarch energy aspects in your daily life?
- What pearls of Wisdom and Foresight are you ready to share with your Tribe?
The term Matriarch is also defined as ‘a woman who is the mother and head of the family’ and ‘a highly respected woman who is a mother’.
Traditionally, the Matriarch shares her wisdom with her daughters leaving a living legacy to her family. A seed of knowledge planted to guide daughters through their Maiden and Mother years. This knowledge continues to be nurtured to evolve and is passed down again to the next generation.
In a traditional sense, this is also how genealogy information and tribal knowledge were retained.
These are aspects of Mana Wahine that we are fully entitled to embrace and be proud of. Free of judgement from others who have not walked our path or experienced our personal life journey.
- As you go about your day, try to be aware of the archetype energies you are experiencing?
- How many female archetype energies have you experienced today?
- Which energies are more dominant – the natural or the overwhelming energies?
Mauri Ora – E xx